We are an educational service for children, young people and their families. We are committed to removing barriers to learning for pupils and students with hearing or vision impairment from birth to 25.
Sensory Support is a team of specialist staff working with children and young people with hearing or vision impairment at all stages of their educational development; in homes, early years settings, mainstream schools, special schools and colleges. We aim to minimise the impact of a sensory impairment on a pupil’s learning and development and to raise attainment.
Our Support to Schools and Colleges
- Fully Qualified teachers with additional mandatory qualification in teaching deaf or vision impaired children and young people
- Specialist teaching assistants, technicians and mobility officers
- Specialist teaching; assessments and advice
- Provision of equipment, technical and environmental support
- Bespoke training programmes
- Support for successful transition
- Multi-agency working
- Direct links with Health Service
- Key working