Autism Education Trust SECONDARY FOCUS: GOOD AUTISM PRACTICE – Thursday 23rd November 2023
Buy one place, get one free!
Autism Education Trust: Schools Good Autism Practice delivered by the Communication and Autism Team
Who is this module for?
The aims of ‘Good autism practice in Schools’ are to support practitioners who work directly with autistic pupils to:
- Develop their knowledge and understanding of good autism practice.
- Reflect on and improve their practice in working with autistic pupils.
- Understand strategies and approaches they can draw upon for autistic pupils they work with.
- Reflect on the kind of information they need to collect for the one-page profile and for the pupil-centred education plan.
- Consider how to involve the autistic pupil and their family in the pupil’s education.
- Enhance and embed inclusive practice for autistic pupils.
After completing ‘Good autism practice in Schools’, participants will be able to:
- Develop their knowledge of how the key areas of difference can impact on the learning of autistic pupils.
- Understand the importance of involving the pupil and family in the pupil’s education.
- Consider the approaches, strategies, and adaptations they can implement to remove barriers to participation and learning for autistic pupils.
- Reflect on how knowledge about autism and the individual autistic pupil can inform the one-page profile and the pupil-centred education plan.
19 in stock