PSS and Locality SaLT are delighted to offer Elklan ‘Speech and Language Support for 5-11s’ course to schools wishing to train a member of staff to become a lead practitioner for supporting children with SLCN across the school.
Who is the course for?
Teaching assistants or teachers working in primary settings (supporting children aged 5-11).
What does the course involve?
The course may be structured as either:
- 3 full days face to face training, spaced a month apart to allow time for weekly learning tasks to be completed.
- Weekly e-learning and 1 hour seminars over 10 weeks, with weekly learning tasks to be completed.
Participants will be asked to complete learning tasks between training sessions in order to qualify for Level 3 accreditation.
What are the benefits to the school?
- Elklan trained participants will have the skills and knowledge to support the wider school team.
- Improved identification of children with speech, language and communication needs.
- Participants will be able to offer range of tools and methods to enhance children’s learning in the classroom and during intervention.
Cost: £450 per person
Cost includes a copy of the ‘Elklan – Language Builder for 5-11s’ book or e-book and accreditation fee.
Lunch is not provided for the three day course.
The course can also be offered to groups of schools in a locality wishing to purchase at a cost of £3,500 + £67.50 per person (accreditation fee). Maximum of 15 people.
If you would like to express an interest in this course please contact: